Paraprofessional of the Year Award 2021-2022
This award was first presented in 2004 by MO-CEC Board of Directors to recognize an outstanding individual who has collaborated significantly in the field of Special Education in the State of Missouri. The award is given to a paraprofessional for their exemplary practice of assisting students with disabilities.
- The nominee for the Missouri CEC Paraprofessional Award must meet the following criteria:
- be currently involved in direct or related services to students with disabilities.
- have demonstrated exemplary performance as an employee of a Missouri school.
- Each chapter & subdivision in MO-CEC may nominate one (1) person for the award annually by submitting to the chairperson of the awards committee the following:
- completed MO-CEC demographic information awards form;
- a total of two (2) letters shall be submitted from any combination of the following:
- a MO-CEC chapter or subdivision member;
- a principal or other administrator;
- a special or regular educator other than those listed above;
- a parent of a student with disabilities;
- a student (if appropriate).